Identify blood and lymphatic disorders question
For each of the following characteristics, identify the blood or lymphatic disorder(s) in which they occur:
NOTE: For most, I wrote down what I think occurs in these scenarios, I'm just wondering if they are correct and/or if I missed any other important disorders.
- Increased hematocrit without an actual increase in the number of red blood cells: This one I don't know....
- Involves both excessive bleeding and clotting: This is caused by disseminated intravascular coagulation.
- Characterized by primitive blast cells: Leukemia can cause this, acute leukemia especially
- Sex-linked bleeding disorder: Hemophilia A
- Megaloblastic RBCs: Megaloblastic anemia
- Increased production of erythrocytes with a high hematocrit, high EPO levels and low O2 saturation: Secondary Polycythemia
- A neoplastic disorder involving the red blood cells: Polycythemia vera, myeloproliferative neoplasms
- Generalized pruritus (itchy skin) is common: Hodgkin’s lymphoma, sometimes present in Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, though not to the same severe extent as Hodgkin’s, and can be present in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma