Asked • 07/04/19

Term for faking something in a movie related to set or lighting?

So, I was under the incorrect assumption that the term "gaffe" referred to creating something that just looks close enough to pass on screen. I'm certain I heard this term used for barnum and bailey's "mermaid" creation. Now I want to know what the correct term for this is... I understand that this is technically what you would call special effects. but I'm looking more for the term when it is not a custom made "prop" but a slopped together prop that only looks good when not closely scrutinized.

1 Expert Answer


Michael H. answered • 07/11/19

5.0 (33)

3D Animation Professor Game Design, Digital Media, Motion Graphics

Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.

Ask a question for free

Get a free answer to a quick problem.
Most questions answered within 4 hours.


Find an Online Tutor Now

Choose an expert and meet online. No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.