Find the coordinates????
the point A is (−1, −1),
the point B is (3, 6) and
the point C is (9, 4).
D is unknown but below the x axis.
The diagonals AC and BD intersect at M.
Angle BMA =...
Short answer questions, pls help
ABCD is a parallelogram with A and C diagonally opposite. The coordinates of A,B and C are (-3,-3),(1.-5) adn (9,1) respectively. The sum of the coordinates of point D is:
1. Find k if the following sets of lines are concurrent: y = x – 1, y = 2x + 1, y = kx + 22.Triangle formed by the lines y = x + 3, y = 3 – x and y = 2x + 6 is right-angled.
b. Find the area of...
Equation of Perpendicular Lines
1. Perpendicular to 3y – 2x + 11 = 0 going through (2,–2) Answer to this question = 2y + 3x - 2 =0
2. Perpendicular to 2x – 3y = 4x + 2y – 11 going through (2,10)
Answer to this question = 5x...
Equations of perpendicular and Parallel lines
1. parallel to 2x – 3y + 11 = 0 going through (2,–1)
2. parallel to 3x + y = 2y – 4x + 7 going through (–2,–7)
1. Perpendicular to 3y – 2x + 11 = 0...
Coordinate geomtry. Three Questions
1. A triangle has vertices A (1,–4), B (2,3) and C (6,1). Find the equation of the median, which passes through A.
2. (d,3) lies on the graph of y = 3x + 1. Find d.
3.(k,5) lies on the graph...
Coordinate geometry - Midpoint of a line segment
- 5. A ship is 80 km west and 40 km north of a small island which is 20 km west and 20 km north of a port. A yacht is midway between the island and the ship. Give the position of the yacht
9. Find x so that the points (x,x+1),(x+2,x+3) and (x+3,2x+4) form a right-angled triangle.10. The points (a,10) and (–2,6) are 5 units apart. Find the value(s) of aAnyone help with these questions...
The equation of the line l is 5+y-2x=0.
(a) Find the co-ordinates of the points where l cuts the axes.
(b) Find the slope of the line l
The line j goes through the point (11,6) and is...
[AB] and [DE] are diameters of the circle
circle has 5 points
C is the midpoint
E has no coordinates
i) find the co-ordinates of C, the centre of the circle
ii) find the coordinates of E, the end...
The points A,B,C,D have coordinates (3,-2), B(p,3), C(6,2), D(q,r) respectively.The figure ABCD is a rhombus.Find
(a) the values of p,q,r
(b) the area of the rhombus
(a)P=1/2 q=8.5 r=-3
The equations of the sides AB, BC, CA of the triangle ABC are y=2x, y=3x, x+y=8 respectively. Find the equation of the line through C perpendicular to AB.This line meets the x-axis in P and the...
Three points have coordinates A(4,13) , B(9,3) , C(10,8). Find the equation of
(a) the line AB
(b) the line through C perpendicular to the line y-4x=5
(c) The line through C meets the line AB at...
The line through A(3,1) perpendicular to x-4y =8 meets the x-axis at P and the y-axis at Q.Calculate the ratio PA:PQ.
Ans: 1:12 (Show working please)
Each side of a square is 3 cm long. One vertex of the square is at (6,4) on the square coordinate grid marked in centimeter units. What are the possible combinations of another vertex of the...
Two points have coordinates A(3,1) and B(-1,5).Calculate the coordinates of P if P is on the x-axis and is equidistant from A and from B.If the figure APBQ is a rhombus,find the coordinates of Q.
Show that the equation of the perpendicular bisector of the points (t, t+1) and (3t, t+3) is y+tx=2t^2+t+2.If this perpendicular bisector passes through the point (5,2),calculate the values of t.