Asked • 07/07/19

What is it called when sound from next scene begins before the current scene is over?

Sometimes, in films the sound for the next scene will begin while the current scene is still playing.For example, in Episode 3 of Season 5 of Game of Thrones, Arya is washing a corpse for the first time with the Waif and the viewer hears a man shout "Open the gate!" and a second later the scene switches to Petyr Baelish and his entourage escorting Sansa Stark through the gates of Winterfell. So, basically the sound switches over before the scene does.What is the name for this kind of transition effect?

1 Expert Answer


Brenna S. answered • 07/10/19

New to Wyzant

Thesis Written about Film with Continued Research and Teaching

Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.

Ask a question for free

Get a free answer to a quick problem.
Most questions answered within 4 hours.


Find an Online Tutor Now

Choose an expert and meet online. No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.