What did the voices tell Joan of Arc to do?
1 Expert Answer
San Diegan obsessed with studying the world and its people
- Voices told her to put on men's clothing, crop her hair, and vow to chastity
- To get rid of the English from France and make Charles VII the rightful leader of France (during the 100 Years War)
- It is said that she would hear these voices 2 to 3 times a week and that the sound of bells sometimes triggered it
- Would see the manifestation of previous Saints (archangel Michael, Saint Margaret, and Saint Catherine of Alexandria specifically)
- Testimonies state that she might have experienced low-intensity seizures, and that her voices might be explained by a form of epilespy
Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.
Find an Online Tutor Now
Choose an expert and meet online.
No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.