Explain the causes for the Fall of the Roman Empire?
- Explain the causes for the Fall of the Roman Empire?
1 Expert Answer
College History Instructor
The fall of the Roman Empire is multi-causal. Historians have agreed generally that these events caused Roman to fall.
- invasions by Germanic tribes.
- increased taxes to finance wars
- over-reliance on conquered peoples who became slaves to till the fields or to fill the ranks of the famous Roman legions
- corrupt government and unstable politics.
- when an Emperor split the Roman Empire into East and West
Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.
Find an Online Tutor Now
Choose an expert and meet online.
No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.