A human services certificate helps people start a career that helps families, communities, elderly and children address challenges. The certificate is awarded to people that complete 6 to 12 months of classes, or 18 to 24 credits, and Field work. Examples of careers in human services are childcare workers, mental health technicians, child welfare case workers, nurses, social workers, and Psychologists.
Human services program outcomes are:
- learn how to analyze the needs of clients, identify community resources, solve problems, and advocate for the client.
- learn how to develop and implement interventions
- learn how to apply good judgement and professionalism as supported by the Ethical Standards of Human Services Professionals
- learn how to apply helping skills
- learn how to accurately document statements