Find an Online Tutor Now

Asked • 06/21/19

A word to describe the action of rendering a harmful person powerless?

I'm looking for a word to describe rendering a person powerless, for example somebody who is causing some grief to a group, and you are able to say something that destroys their argument and leaves them without a leg to stand on. An example sentence would be: > "I _____ed him by expertly destroying his faulty logic". I feel the word is on the tip of my tongue but I cannot place it.

1 Expert Answer


Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.

Ask a question for free

Get a free answer to a quick problem.
Most questions answered within 4 hours.


Find an Online Tutor Now

Choose an expert and meet online. No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.