how do you factor the problem below
1 Expert Answer
How do you factor x4-8x?
- First step is to factor the GCF (Greatest Common Factor)
- The GCF is x which will yield x(x3-8)
- You need to apply the difference of cubes formula: (a3-b3)= (a+b)(a2+ab+b2)
- one easy way to remember the sign is using "SOP" same opposite positive
- to obtain the binomial take the cube root of a3 and b3 (remember the signs "sop")
- to obtain the trinomial square the first term, then multiply the inside of the binomial which is ab, then square the second term.
- Final answer should be x(x+2)(x2-2x+4)
let me know if you have questions: or reach me on my channel.
Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.
Find an Online Tutor Now
Choose an expert and meet online.
No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.