Asked • 03/20/19

What is a word for non alpha numeric characters that are the same when opened and closed?

Edited: I'm searching for a way to describe this: When using *"quotes"*, **one character** is used **twice**: ```"``` When using *(parentheses)*, **two characters** are used **once**: ```(``` ```)``` Is there a word for this property? Common language, grammar, vocabulary? Sentence Examples: ***" The quotes that exist before and after this sentence are the same character. "*** ***( The parentheses that exist before and after this sentence are two separate characters. )*** How can I explain this "difference" in a word (or maybe a few)? Thanks!

1 Expert Answer


Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.

Ask a question for free

Get a free answer to a quick problem.
Most questions answered within 4 hours.


Find an Online Tutor Now

Choose an expert and meet online. No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.