Asked • 03/16/19

What is the word for a book lover?

In English, a person who loves books is known as a bibliophile. The only translation that I can find for this word in Italian is bibliofilo which is deeply disappointing, given that the language is so adaptive. Is there a word which is not an Italian conversion of a word stolen from French by English for this sort of person?

3 Answers By Expert Tutors


Piero C. answered • 03/16/19

5.0 (196)

Certified Teacher with 35 years of experience in Italy and abroad

Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.

Ask a question for free

Get a free answer to a quick problem.
Most questions answered within 4 hours.


Find an Online Tutor Now

Choose an expert and meet online. No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.