Well how do you like this idea if your main topic is going to be the alien.
Main character: You Setting: a barn and a small town
1. Your reading an enticing book under a dim lightbulb. For weeks, you have wanted to change the lighting but had become obsessed with completing the novel. You have just reached the most exciting part of this book where an alien crashed his spaceship near a barn. While you are exceptionally tired to continue, you want to know whether the alien survives or not.
2. Just when the story gets even more interesting with the alien surviving the crash, you hear a loud roar from outside. It is near midnight and the cattle inside the barn starts to get anxious. Against your wishes to depart from the book, you take out a flashlight to check what happened. When you open the barn door slightly, an airplane engine's roar could be heard from above. You assume that junk had rusted the old thing and someone had gone out of their mind to ride such a noisy transport at this time. Just when you close the door, you see flames rising from the side of your town, which is not far away from site.
3. Assume your parents are away for work or whatever. You grab the truck keys and drive over to see what it is. Your excitement is natural due to the fact that you are wondering if what had happened in the book might actually take place at your own locale.
4. You stop the truck at the edge of the town where the flames are coming from. Before you leave your truck, the compass your parents use often with a country map goes awry. Its magnet no longer works and you become even more cautious and curious about the flames ahead. Stepping out of the truck, you pass a residential fountain with a giant turtle statue gauking at you. The aquatic environment has a lone fish swimming lazily but certainly worriedly. It too is aware of the unwanted incident.
5. From here, you can either make an encounter with a friendly alien who is hurt or a destructive alien who is well...destructive.
6. After your narration of your encounter with the alien, you wake up facing the book and the lightbulb flickering above and you realize that you slept through the entire night and figured that nothing had really happened. Perhaps, you could make this almost like an alice in the wonderland story.
This is just one idea for you to get started. Hope this gets you going with the writing!