Mary B.

asked • 07/13/19

Rock age by finding using elements and percentages

Certain element has a half life of 2.5 billion years..15% of the original element remains. The other 85% decayed into lead. How old is the rock?

Analysis of another rock shows that it contains 65% of its original elements the other 35% decayed into lead. How old is ths rock?

1 Expert Answer

By:

Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.

Ask a question for free

Get a free answer to a quick problem.
Most questions answered within 4 hours.

OR

Find an Online Tutor Now

Choose an expert and meet online. No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.