What is (9z+8)^2?
How do you find the answer to (9z+8)^2? Thank you!
2 Answers By Expert Tutors
MathTutor: Let's try to enjoy and learn :)
- (9z+8)(9z+8) An item raised to the second power is that item multiplied times itself
- (9z+8)9z + (9z+8)8 Using the distributive property
- 9z(9z+8) + 8(9z+8) Simply rewriting
- 9z*9z + 9z*8 + 8*9z + 8*8 Using the distributive property again
- 81z2 + 72z + 72z + 64 Doing the multiplcations
- 81z2 + 144z + 64 Combining like terms
Hope this helps,
Math Tutoring - Algebra and Calculus (all levels)
(9z + 8)2 = (9z + 8)·(9z+ 8)
(9z+ 8)(9z + 8) = 9z·9z + 9z·8 + 9z·8 + 8·8
= 9z2 + 72z + 72z + 64
= 9z2 + 144z + 64
(9z + 8)2 = 9z2 + 144z + 64
Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.
Find an Online Tutor Now
Choose an expert and meet online.
No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.