The following table gives information on the amount of sugar (in grams) and the calorie count in
one serving of a sample of 13 varieties of Kellogg’s cereal.
1. Which is the dependent variable and which is the independent variable?
2. Do you expect a positive or negative relationship, and why?
3. If ŷ= 89.4845 + 5.1369x + e, interpret the constant and coefficient of x (slope).
4. Conduct a test of the research hypothesis that B > 0. Assume t = 3.110 and α = 0.05. Solve this with both the critical value and p-value approach.
5. Interpret r = 0.6708 and r2 = 0.45