Chemistry 2 Gas Laws Word Problems
- A sample of ammonia gas occupies 20.4 mL at 558 mm Hg and 25.2oC. If the volume of the gas is changed to 56.8 mL at 55oC, what is the new pressure? Enter mm for unit.
- A sample of carbon monoxide gas occupies 144 mL at 24.5oC and 466 mm Hg. If the volume of gas is changed to 50.5 mL at 780 mm Hg, what is the Kelvin temperature?
- If a 50.2 mL sample of xenon gas is at 0.835 atm and 44oC, what is the volume of the gas at STP?
- If the pressure of 135 mL of nitrogen gas at 100oC decreases from 776 mm Hg to 298 mm Hg, what is the final volume? Assume temperature remains constant.
- A sample of carbon dioxide gas occupies 1.59 L at -20.4oC and 525 mm Hg. If the volume of the gas is changed to 2.73 L at 775 mm Hg, what is the final Kelvin temperature?
- A sample of ozone gas occupies 231 mL at 3.92 atm and 0oC. If the volume of the gas is 619 mL at 32.9oC, what is the pressure? Enter mm for unit.