What Is The General Form Of y = (x+6)²+1?
pls help me im having a hard time in this topic lmao
1 Expert Answer
Easy-going, patient tutor with a lot of experience in math
y = (x + 6)2 + 1
Standard form is y = ax2 + bx + c
- Expand or multiply out (x + 6)2, remember (x + 6)2 is (x + 6)(x + 6) which is x*x + x*6 + 6*x + 6*6
- Written in the standard way that becomes x2 + 6x + 6x + 36.
- Combine the like terms 6x and 6x now you have x2 + 12x + 36. So, (x + 6)2 is x2 + 12x + 36
- Replacing (x + 6)2 in the original equation with the equivalent expression, x2 + 12x + 36, and you have y = x2 + 12x + 36 + 1
- Combine the like terms 36 and 1 and you get y = x2 + 12x + 37, which is standard form
Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.
Find an Online Tutor Now
Choose an expert and meet online.
No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.