Asked • 03/16/19

What's the correct verb to use to describe the phenomenon of going from calling someone 'vous' to calling someone 'tu'?

The kind of verb that can only exist in language such as French with different ways of referring to people in the second person, what is the verb (or verbs) that describe the phenomenon of switching to a 'more intimate' mode of address? I'm sure I've seen a phrase in the past that basically meant "let's start calling each other 'tu'", but there was a single verb for the second part of the sentence, such that if the verb was *xxx*, the sentence would read "let's xxx". What could that verb have been?

1 Expert Answer


Sylvie B. answered • 03/16/19

5 (2)

French Native

Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.

Ask a question for free

Get a free answer to a quick problem.
Most questions answered within 4 hours.


Find an Online Tutor Now

Choose an expert and meet online. No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.