Ask a question

Transition metal

What is Transition Metal ? Explain With Example !

1 Answer by Expert Tutors

Tutors, sign in to answer this question.
Francisco E. | Francisco; Civil Engineering, Math., Science, Spanish, Computers.Francisco; Civil Engineering, Math., Sci...
5.0 5.0 (1 lesson ratings) (1)
Any element fitting in one of three series of elements with atomic numbers between 21 and 30, 39 and 48, and 57 and 80 are called transition metals. They have an incomplete last but one electron shell and tend to exhibit more than one valence and also have a tendency to form complexes. Examples: Iron, Cobalt,Platinum, Iridium, Gold.