Data structure:- It is arrangement of various types of data in computer memory, in such a way that it is stored efficiently.
There are various types of data structure available like arrays,Linked List,Trees,graphs,stacks, queues and hash table.
1) Allows easier processing of data.
2) It allows information stored on disk very efficiently.
3) These are necessary for designing an efficient algorithm.
4) It provides management of databases like indexing with the help of hash tables and arrays.
5) We can access data anytime and anywhere.
6) It is secure way of storage of data.
7) Graphs models real life problems
8) It allows processing of data on software system
1) It is applicable only for advanced users.
2) If any issue occurs it can be solved only by experts.
3) Slow access in case of some data types
Practical use of data structure:
For fast data lookup, data indexing, Ip addressing, parsers, dynamic memory allocation,process scheduling,dictionary, directory traversal,web crawling , organizing file hierarchy etc.