Hi! There is many tutorials available for beginning Adobe InDesign Client Development. The major one being on their website under the Developer Network section: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/indesign/getting_started.html
To begin building a client plug-in follow these steps:
- Download the InDesign Product SDK and InDesign Desktop Application (if not already downloaded).
- http://www.adobe.com/devnet/indesign/sdk/eula_cs6.html - SDK
- Take a look at the development guides for knowledge on the Development Tools and Concepts.
- https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/indesign/pdf/getting-started.pdf - Getting Started with the Adobe InDesign CS4 Product SDK
- This introduces the files in the SDK, overview of the dev tools, and demonstrates how to compile and build.
- https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/indesign/pdf/learning-indesign-plugin-development.pdf - Learning Adobe InDesign CS4 Plug-in Development
- Set up your development environment
- Refer to The Getting Started tutorial (Step 2)
Please note that the steps above are for developing entire plugins in a C++ environment.
- Adobe InDesign CS4 Scripting Tutorial - https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/indesign/pdf/indesigncs4_scriptingtutorial.pdf
- Adobe InDesign Example / Tutorial Scripts (zip) - https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/devnet/indesign/downloads/indesign_scripting_tutorial_scripts.zip
If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a message or reply here.
Best of luck!