a man works at an office which produces a lot of documents. often he has to carry heavy stacks of documents from one office to another. on this day he, whom ways 75 kilograms, has to transport a stack of documents which weighs 10 kilograms. he has to life them 5 meters from the floor and then carry them to an office 100 meters down the hall, where he will drop them on the floor. he walks swiftly at a steady rate of 1 meter per second.
1. what two pieces of information given in the above description will help compute the amount of work he does when he lifts the papers?
2. after he has lifted the papers, he pauses to rest for a moment. what type of energy do the papers he is holding possess?
3. when he finishes carrying the papers he drops them on the floor. what type of energy do the papers possess as they drop?
4. is the energy of the stack of papers when he holds them equal to the energy of the papers dropping on the floor? why or why not?
5. if you were going to compute the momentum of him and the papers he carries them down the hall, what three pieces of information given in the description you need to use?
6. based on the formula for momentum what is the momentum he and the papers he carries them down the hall?
7. if you were going to compute the kinetic energy of him and the papers he carries them down the hall, what three pieces of information given in the descripton would be needed?
thanks and thanks