windows forms Application
Part 1: Programming – Hotel Room Sales Application
1.1 Problem Statement
The current pandemic has seen most hotels in the Pacific Islands on the verge of closure. The locals have been encouraged to support the tourism industry and its workers. While some locals have supported the industry by staying and spending in hotels, you have volunteered to assist a small hotel develop a sales application.
You have to design and implement a simple windows application that helps the receptionist generate a quote for a hotel room sale for a family’s one night stay in the hotel. You have to choose an appropriate name for your application. The hotel has 3 types of rooms only and provides buffet breakfast and dinner for a fee. Apart from internet, entertainment and spa services, all other hotel amenities are free of charge.
1.2 Program Specifications:
As per the scenario, you will create a windows based application program that will calculate the total sales amount for staying in a hotel based on the customer’s preferences. The cost of the staying in the hotel for a night is dependent on several factors as shown below:
1. Room Type
b. Entertainment – Pay movies
c. Spa Services
The following table illustrates the respective charges;
Item | Price
Room Type Luxury | $210
Superior | $150
Standard | $110
Meal Options Buffer Breakfast | $40
Buffer Dinner | $60
Amenities internet | $10
Entertainment – pay movies | $20
Spa Services | $50
1.3 Assignment Requirements:
1. Design an appropriate User Interface, using appropriate controls to capture only the required information from the users in order to calculate the cost of hotel stay.
2. Calculate the cost of a hotel stay for a night based on room type, including purchase of additional optional options (meals, amenities if any)
3. Your application should also display the current date and time along with an image for each room type selected respectively.
4. Display the final cost of the hotel stay in an appropriate control in the form of a quotation. The cost breakdown should be formatted appropriately.
5. This assignment is to be done using Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition