Vanessa V.

asked • 11/21/14

Probability expressed through tree diagram

Approximately 1% of women aged 40-50 have breast cancer. A woman has a 90% chance of receiving a positive test result from a mammogram, while a woman without breast cancer has a 10% chance of a false positive result. What is the probability that a woman has cancer given that she just received a positive test result? Expressive your answer through a tree diagram.

1 Expert Answer

By:

Francisco P. answered • 11/22/14

Rigorous Physics and Math Tutor

Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.

Ask a question for free

Get a free answer to a quick problem.
Most questions answered within 4 hours.

OR

Find an Online Tutor Now

Choose an expert and meet online. No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.