3x-6y/2x+6y * x^2+5xy+6y^2/6x^2-24y^2
1 Expert Answer
Never Fear! Math is Here!
So after rewriting the expression with parenthesis you will find the solution of the expression:(3x-6y) / (2x+6y) * (x2+5xy+6y2) / (6x2-24y2) is 1/4.
- Before doing any multiplication factor all the numerators and denominators of the fractions in involved.
- Now you have: 3(x-2y) / 2(x+3y) * (x+3y)(x+2y) / 6(x + 2y)(x - 2y)
- Now cancel out the common factors 3(x-2y) / 2(x+3y) × (x+3y)(x+2y) / 6(x + 2y)(x - 2y)
- We're not done yet: Look at what we have now: 3/2 *1/6 which is the same as 3/2 * 1/ (3*2).
- So 3/2 * 1/ (3*2) = 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4. TADA!
Hope that helps.
Still looking for help? Get the right answer, fast.
Find an Online Tutor Now
Choose an expert and meet online.
No packages or subscriptions, pay only for the time you need.