If you select this option, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
University of Veracruz (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology)
State University of New York at Buffalo (Master's)
University of Illinois at Chicago (Enrolled)
" ORGANIC CHEMISTRY IS REALLY EASY ", this is the first sentence I say to my students when I step in to the classroom the very first day of classes, and I usually get the same response from them, they laugh!. However, I do mean it, organic chemistry is really easy. If I could just show people the way I see it, I am pretty sure anyone would understand it. I just love organic chemistry, it is my favorite subject, I am very very very passionate about it, and it is what I can do best.
I have being teaching for a very long time, since I was an undergrad in Mexico. Then I came to the USA to get my MS in medicinal chemistry at the State University of New York where I worked as a teaching assistant for general chemistry and organic chemistry as well. After that, I came to Chicago to get my PhD at the University of Illinois with a focus in synthetic organic chemistry and biochemistry, so, currently, I am working toward the completion of my degree. I still hold a teaching assistant position, and I have taught hundreds of students the laboratory session as well as several discussion sessions a week.
However, I have observed a certain pattern that repeats over and over each year; the students that come to me believe that they just don't get organic chemistry, that it is so incredibly difficult, that they need super powers to understand it, and a lot of them actually end up hating the subject, losing their confidence, and passing the course is soooooo painful that once they are done with it, they don't want to hear about it ever again!
What if I told you, that none of the above "bad beliefs" are true?. You can understand organic chemistry, you can study and do well in exams, quizzes, assignments, not only that, but if you want, you can A this class, you just need a solid and good foundation to build upon, and once you have that solid foundation, you will become independent, confident and will see that organic chemistry is very logical and that you can actually figure out mechanisms of reaction on your own, even if you haven't seen that particular reaction before, because the first principles are always the same, they don't change.
I have also a lot of experience with teaching GENERAL CHEMISTRY. At the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Where I am currently getting my PhD, I have been assigned as a teaching assistant for the general chemistry course several times upon faculty request and evaluations as well as ratings from the students, I have also been assigned to teach the general chemistry intensive course in the Summer of 2012 and Summer of 2013.
This is all I gotta say, I look forward to hearing from you, helping you out become independent, and get those grades up! " ORGANIC CHEMISTRY IS REALLY EASY ", this is the first sentence I say to my students when I step in to the classroom the very first day of classes, and I usually get the same response from them, they laugh!. However, I do mean it, organic Read more
1 student = $50/hour, 2 students = $65/hour, 3 students = $75/hour.
I am a DePaul student and I began tutoring with Claudia my second quarter for gen chem, and she instantly helped. Her specialty is organic chem (she is a TA at UIC and is getting her PhD in ochem) and she loves the subject. Now that I am taking orgo, she explains all her unique tricks that they don't teach you in lecture. I only studied with her and I scored top 10% in the class on the first exam and have no fear of orgo for the remainder of the year. She really teaches you how to understand ochem not just to memorize it. Also, she is bilingual in Spanish.
I was struggling to understand anything my organic chemistry professor said and she never answered questions. So, I chose to find a tutor to help me through the class. Claudia is a great tutor and definitely knows how to explain things very well. She understands everything about organic chemistry because she has an extensive background in it. She is very patient and makes sure you know how to do the problems. Now, after each session, I go home, work on the problems, and actually understand how to work them out. I am very glad that I found Claudia and feel a lot better about walking into my class for quizzes and exams.
Claudia responded to our request for some intensive tutoring to get ready for a final AP Chemistry test. Claudia supplements my son's understanding of the material that he cannot get from a regular teacher.
Claudia is very patient and helpful in organic chemistry. Her hours are flexible with your schedule as well. Definitely a great tutor. If you are struggling in orgo, look no further!
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
1) I got an A in every Chemistry course in college.
2) I have earned a Master of Sciences in Medicinal Chemistry from the State University of New York at Buffalo where I took all kinds of Advanced Chemistry. I was also a teaching assistant for the sophomore General Chemistry class (Discussion and lab sessions).
3) I am currently getting my PhD in Chemistry (at the University of Illinois at Chicago) with a focus in Biochemistry and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. I took and passed again all sorts of Advanced Chemistry courses. I have been assigned as a Teaching Assistant for the General Chemistry course several times, and upon Faculty request and evaluations and ratings from the students, I have been assigned to teach the General Chemistry intensive course in the Summer of 2012 and Summer of 2013.
1) I got an A in every Organic Chemistry course in college.
2) I have a MS in Medicinal Chemistry from the State University of New York at Buffalo where I took Advanced Organic Chemistry I and II, and did most of my research doing synthesis which requires an expertise in Organic Chemistry. I was also a teaching assistant for the sophomore Organic Chemistry class (Discussion and lab sessions).
3) I am currently getting my PhD in Chemistry (at the University of Illinois at Chicago) with a focus in Biochemistry and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. I took again the following courses: Advanced Organic Chemistry I, Advanced Organic Chemistry II, Advanced Organic Chemistry III, Organometallics. I have successfully passed the written qualifying exams required by the Chemistry Department at UIC, I have given 3 talks where the focus was on Synthetic Organic Chemistry, I have passed the preliminary oral exam for PhD candidacy (this exam was related to my research which is totally focused in Synthetic Organic Chemistry) , I hold a teaching assistant position for the Organic Chemistry Lab and discussion sessions, and I have 4 publications where my work is based purely on Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
Claudia R. has not yet had a background check. After sending a message to Claudia, you will be able to order a background check for $7.99. The check will be processed by First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.