Arabic Language Linguist, Tutor, and Educator
Arabic Language Linguist, Tutor, and Educator
"Sharp and Patient Tutor"
Georges, 38 lessons with Reem
Response time: 2 hours
I am an Arabic Language educator and tutor with ample teaching experience -- more than 12 years of experience -- with excellent skills in tutoring the Arabic language extremely well, easily and stress free. I am a native Arabic speaker originally from Aleppo, Syria. U.S. Citizen. I obtained my Master's degree specializing in the Arabic Language Linguistics and Arabic-English Translations from ASU in 1996. I have taught Arabic language courses at ASU and I also have worked as a linguist and...
I am an Arabic Language educator and tutor with ample teaching experience -- more than 12 years of experience -- with excellent skills in tutoring the Arabic language extremely well, easily and stress free. I am a native Arabic speaker originally from Aleppo, Syria. U.S. Citizen. I obtained my Master's degree specializing in the Arabic Language Linguistics and Arabic-English Translations from ASU in 1996. I have taught Arabic language courses at ASU and I also have worked as a linguist and translator with the SA-US Joint Economic Commission partnering ongoing tutoring and translation projects with the DOT. I have an ample experience as an Arabic Language Linguist and Arabic-English Translator and have worked as a freelance linguist and translator with the State Department. I teach students of all ages and I am extremely kind and patient especially with young children. The majority of my students are college age students who can be beginners, intermediate or advanced in learning the Arabic language of which I help them with mastering the Arabic language from A to Z. I also prepare a portion of my students for a number of Arabic language tests -- a variety of tests including speech and conversation for MSA and the Middle East main dialects -- that are demanded by the U.S. government to pass and secure Arabic language related jobs here with the State Department or overseas in Arabic speaking countries. As for my personality, I have an extremely pleasant and a very positive attitude and care in teaching my students and encouraging them to learn and to reach their goals in learning the Arabic language. I also put my students' interests first and accommodate them in every possible way and to my best ability.
I always do my best to accommodate my students for the dates and the times they prefer.
PREFERRED TUTORING LOCATIONS:
- Starbucks study hall nearby American University – This location is study friendly and is attended mostly by American University students so it is condusive to tutoring and learning.
- My home near Georgetown University.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM ME:
- An honest, patient, skilled tutor who is extremely pleasant, friendly and is easy to deal with.
- A tutor who genuinely cares about students, and is willing to do all she can to help students learn the Arabic language well and fast.
- Students’ language learning and analytical linguistic skills will be noticeably improve and learning the language will be easy and fun.
- My commitment to teaching my students well while keeping in mind their individual needs and goals so that learning the Arabic language will advance them and get them closer to what they are trying to achieve.
- Excellent communications skills with my students and/or their parents for those students who are minor is a key component to establishing a long list of satisfied clients who appreciate and trust my work.
- Please know that I will do my best to go above and beyond your expectations. I am positive that you will be pleased with my services, and in turn, I hope that you will refer me to others who might need similar language learning services.
- Please note that I do try to offer all my students some occasional bonus time as my token of appreciation for choosing me as their WyzAnt Arabic language tutor and educator.
WHAT I EXPECT FROM MY STUDENTS:
- Please be on time for the scheduled tutoring session.
- WHEN CANCELLING ... please notify me via EMAIL AND PHONE.
- Please be courteous and always provide me with a 36 hours notice for cancellations (please review my cancellation policies and fees).
- Please do not request that a slot be held for you, unless you definitely plan to use it. Missed or reduced session time will be charged in full to your account.
- Please provide suggestions on how I can serve you better, if any.
- Please be kind, nice and respectful to me as I am to you.
- In compliance with WyzAnt rules and regulations, please be so kind and have your payment info on file with WyzAnt before requesting to meet individually with me.
Reem has shared 2 articles on Wyzant Resources.Go to Reem’s resources
Sharp and Patient Tutor
I have learned so much from Reem. I reached out to Reem in order to improve my listening and speaking ability. In my sessions with Reem, she has realized that there was fundamental things that I had either forgot or failed to learn in a way that could be understood. Reem has been patient enough to correct, review, or simply teach those things that I should have known at my level. She is patient, and challenges me as a student. As a result, I am not only becoming more confident in speaking and understanding native speakers, I have also improved in my reading skills. I highly recommend her as a tutor.Georges, 38 lessons with Reem
Good tutor. I think we will work well together.
I’ve had two lessons with Reem. The first lesson was mostly a lecture, but I appreciated the cultural background she gave me. The second lesson was very interactive and I appreciated that very much. Reem is very good at letting me know how the root of a word can morph into nouns, verbs, and adjectives with similar or much different meanings. Her doing that makes it easier to remember a word. I appreciate her writing down all the words that are unfamiliar to me, so I can study them before the next lesson.Martha, 11 lessons with Reem
Great tutor and extremely knowledgeable about the language
Reem has been an amazing Arabic tutor for me this semester. She is patient when reviewing topics to ensure that I have a a strong grasp on the material before moving on and she's extremely knowledgeable about the language and able to answer all of my "but why?" questions that come up along the way. Her ability to explain why certain rules within the language are the way they are make it much easier to understand and remember the concepts clearly (and long term) rather than just memorizing material on a surface level.Stacey, 15 lessons with Reem
Reem is tutoring my daughter who is a sophomore at UC Berkeley. Reem explained a complicated grammar rule very clearly and patiently - as a result my daughter aced her last Arabic test. Great job Reem!!Anne , 9 lessons with Reem
Excellent Arabic teacher
Reem was very thorough, patient, and knowledgeable about both Arabic and English grammar and is a very kind and patient person. She's a good teacher and makes you feel very comfortable and excited to learn the language.Kate, 4 lessons with Reem
The best arabic teacher you could ask for!
I had taken arabic for 2 years in college and I have learned more from Reem in the few months she's been teaching me. She is extremely knowledgeable in not only grammar, but the history and etymology of words in the language. Reem is extremely patient and tailors the lesson to your individual needs while pushing you just enough to really help you grow. I could not ask for a better teacher and I would recommend her to everyone.Naquan, 29 lessons with Reem
Targeted and insightful tutor
I am at the very beginning of learning Arabic. Reem right off the bat pinpointed my problems with pronunciation and over relying on transliteration to learn. She gave me strategies to more quickly move forward. I can definitely recommend her.Kelly, 1 lesson with Reem
Reem has been a fantastic tutor. As a student and full time employee I have be so appreciative of Reem's patience and flexibility. Reem has allowed for my many questions regarding sentence structure and pronunciation. Reem takes the time to explain complex concepts in depth and is willing to explain in as many ways as it takes for the concept to stick. She is very experienced and creates a lesson applicable to each student and their knowledge level. Reem is delightful to work with and I am so grateful to be taught by her in preparation for my Arabic language exam for graduate school.Nickie, 13 lessons with Reem
Kind and Experienced Arabic tutor
Reem is an incredibly patient, accommodating and knowledgeable tutor. She is both helpful with more formal lessons of grammar and informal practice of speaking and listening. She has helped me to both understand MSA concepts and Levantine dialect. She makes me feel very comfortable during our conversations in Arabic and guides me to also understand some of the culture behind the language. She is also open to and experienced in administering language evaluations.Shai, 20 lessons with Reem
The Absolute Best!
Maybe I'm biased, but Reem and I have worked together for 21 lessons now, over a course of 8 or so months and she is the absolute best! I was interested in gaining a full understanding of the language of Arabic, as well as the Arab world, and Reem has been the perfect tutor for this. She has the life experience, and immense knowledge that she teaches so well. Arabic is not a language that you can simply skim across and figure out, yet Reem breaks it up so well that it makes it so simple and exciting to learn. No matter the level of experience you have in learning the Arabic language, Reem is able to adapt to your needs and help where help is needed, plus some. She is personable and patient. It's an honor to work with her in learning this language, and would strongly recommend her to anyone who wishes to learn this language.Alexandra, 49 lessons with Reem
Response time: 2 hours