Fastest immersion courses: ESL Italian French Teacher, trained Washington D.C. diplomats; English expert Open University Business School (UK); University of Texas linguist
Intensive 4-h immersion courses! Learn survival communication and how to understand complex texts with only 4 hours of study. PROMOTIONAL FEE $30/h FOR KIDS THROUGH 2013!
Learn like a diplomat!
Intensive 4-h immersion courses! Learn survival communication and how to understand complex texts with only 4 hours of study through this courses, currently offered only through WyzAnt. Contact me for a free 30-min. consultation prior to beginning lessons.
I am a European trainer qualified in English/ESL, Italian, French, and European-U.S. studies. I spoke French and Romanian in my family, and subsequently I lived in Italy for a decade; I started to study English at the age of 7 (graduated college with an English teaching degree in 1992). In my international affairs career I lived and worked in the United States, Italy, France, Norway, and Romania. My teaching experience spans 17 years in the United States and 13 years in Europe. I specialize in immersion/ intensive language training. I have taught American diplomats in Washington DC through Inlingua School, as well as numerous private students in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas and in Grapevine where I own a successful foreign languages training firm.
Bachelor's in English Teaching/Philology. Master of Arts in International Affairs, European Studies and Business, Elliott School of International Affairs, GWU Washington, DC; coursework at Georgetown University Washington D.C. (entry and exit exams passed in Italian and French); language study at The Italian Center (Naples, Italy), The French School France Language (Nice, France), and The Open University (Milton Keynes, UK). Cultural study in Quebec, Canada. US citizen, living and working in the USA since 1997.
My English fluency is native-level, my English accent has been assessed as near-native, and I am a qualified English teacher (high-school and college level qualified, have passed required medical exams).
My French, Italian, and Romanian accents are indistinguishable from native accents.
An immersion program typically involves practicing any target-language through a personalized grammar plan, tutorials and exercises designed to fit the student’s goals. The course includes exposure to relevant sources: newspaper articles, films, TV documentaries, and literature. All training materials are included and schedules are flexible; you will make up for all missed hours, without penalty fees, at your convenience.
ENGLISH/ ESL 4-h IMMERSION COURSE; you will receive:
1) a 30-min FREE consultation in my office or at another convenient location
2) a personalized guide (designed to fit your language goal) containing a core of relevant grammatical information and short-cuts to effective communication, vocabulary, and conversational practice support; a set of personalized exercises will ensure your maximum benefit from this super-intensive course. Guidelines in your native language are also provided.
3) Continuing education support: a personalized addendum containing useful info and tips for self-teaching to help you spare money in your learning process.
ITALIAN, FRENCH 4-h IMMERSION COURSES you will receive:
1) a 30-min FREE consultation in my office or at another location convenient for you
2) 2 personalized lessons, 2h each (or 4 lessons 1h each) covering the most important grammatical aspects and conversational basics in the target language
3) a personalized guide (designed to fit your language goal) containing a core of relevant grammatical information and short-cuts to effective communication, vocabulary, and conversational practice support; a set of personalized exercises will ensure your maximum benefit from this super-intensive course.
4) Continuing education support; a personalized addendum containing useful info and tips for self-teaching to help you spare money in your future learning process.
TESTIMONIALS that were posted on other agency sites and my site:
My teenage daughter and I plan on traveling to Italy in the near future and wanted to know enough of the language to get around and converse with ease. Gabriela makes our lessons interesting, relevant and fun, all things we appreciate given our busy schedules and demand for mind share. She manages to keep both of us engaged and challenged during our lesson. It is obvious that teaching is a gift with which Gabriela has been graced and something that she truly enjoys. I feel that my daughter and I are learning the Italian language as well as many other points of interest about the culture and history of the country, and that we will be well-prepared for our trip.
Lynn, marketing expert and Erica, high-school student
This course was above my expectations. I needed to learn quickly sufficient French to serve me during a trip to Paris and some subsequent trips to Nigeria. Gabriela told me 3 months intensive training would suffice and they actually did, however I ultimately continued for 6 months more only to get a chance to study at ease all the awesome material I was receiving in class and during online lessons twice a week. It is a program I decidedly recommend to anyone interested in learning fast to speak and to understand French.
Dan, finance director
back to top