Complete Roadmap Problems
1. How many liters of ammonia at 0°C and 25 atm. are produced when 10 g of hydrogen is combined with nitrogen?
2. How many milliliters of hydrogen at 0°C and 1400 mmHg are made if magnesium reacts with 15 mL of 6 M sulfuric acid?
3. How many atoms are in 25 liters of fluorine gas at 2.85 atm and 450°C?
4. Liquid butane (C4H10) has a density of 0.60 g/cc. It burns to make carbon dioxide at 120°C. What volume of carbon dioxide is produced at one atm when 350 liters of liquid butane burns?
5. Isopropyl alcohol, C3H7OH, makes a good fuel for cars. What volume of oxygen at 785 mmHg and 23°C is needed to burn 8.54 E25 molecules of isopropyl alcohol?
6. How many moles of NaCl are in a liter of a 0.15 M NaCl solution? (0.15 M NaCl is physiological saline when sterilized.)
7. How many grams of NaCl must you put into a 50 liter container to make a physiological saline solution?
8. Chlorine gas is bubbled into 100 mL of 0.25 M potassium bromide solution. This produces potassium chloride and bromine gas. The bromine dissolves completely in the water. What is the concentration of bromine?
9. 95 mL of 0.55 M sulfuric acid is put on an excess of zinc. This produces zinc sulfate and hydrogen. How many grams of zinc sulfate are made?
10. Methyl alcohol (CH3OH) has a density of 0.793 Kg/L. What volume of it is needed to add to water to make twenty-five liters of 0.15 M solution?
11. Magnesium has a density of 1.741 g/cc. What volume of Mg will burn to produce a kilogram of magnesium oxide?
12. What volume of water vapor is produced at 716 mmHg and 87°C when 2.6 liters of methyl alcohol burns?
Answers to Complete Roadmap Problems
|1. 2.99 L||2. 1.10 E3 mL||3. 1.45 E24 atoms||4. 4.67 E5 L|
|5. 1.50 E4 L||6. 0.15 moles||7. 439 g||8. 0.125 M|
|9. 8.44 g||10. 151 mL||11. 0.346 L||12. 1.29 E5 L|