Grammar and Vocabulary Quiz – Weddings
David and Nicole Get Married: Weddings in the U.S.
Choose the correct answer.
David and Nicole decided to get married. Which sentence does NOT mean the same thing?
- They decided to tie the knot.
- They ‘re getting hitched.
- They’re signing on the line.
- They’re taking the big plunge.
Nicole’s best friend is planning her bridal shower. In the U.S., what happens at a bridal shower?
- The bride (and groom) receive presents.
- Everyone throws rice.
- Everyone takes a shower.
- The bride (and groom) get married.
What event does David’s best man organize?
- the wedding
- the bachelor party
- the reception
- the pre-nuptial agreement
All of the following people take part in David and Nicole’s wedding ceremony EXCEPT:
- the maid of honor
- the bride’s mother
- the best man
- a flowergirl
All of the following will happen during their wedding ceremony EXCEPT:
- David and Nicole kissing
- exchanging of the vows
- exchanging of the rings
- David and Nicole shaking hands
All of the following will happen at their reception EXCEPT:
- toasting the bride and groom
- opening the presents
After the wedding, what will David and Nicole do?
- They’ll return to the Nicole’s parents’ house.
- They’ll go back to work.
- They’ll go to Thailand on their honeymoon.
- They’ll take a shower.
What will people call David and Nicole in the months after their wedding?