Telephone Skills: Partners Activity
This is a fast fun way to pair students for another activity. Just print this page, copy on to colored paper if you want, cut the page down the middle and cut strips for each telephone exchange. Students should walk around the room and find the missing half of their exchange. Combinations must be logical. This sheet has a total of nine exchanges, which allows for eighteen students. If your class size is larger than this, just duplicate one sentence for every two extra students.
As an alternative, you could make multiple copies of this page, cut the same as above, divide students into groups, and give each group all the exchanges to match.
Find Your Partner: Telephone Skills
- May I please speak to Jerry? He’s not here right now. May I take a message?
- I’d like to make a reservation. For how many people?
- Is this the Animal Defense League? The Animal…what? Sorry, I think you have the wrong number.
- May I please speak to Maria Shigematzu in Accounting? She just stepped out for a minute. Can I have her call you back?
- Sorry to bother you but- Do you know what time it is?
- I’d like to order a large pizza with Canadian bacon and pineapple. Delivery or pick-up?
- I’d like to place an order for 500 red pens. Sorry, we’re out of red. We should be getting more in next week.
- I really have to get back to my English homework. Oh, I’ll let you go. Give me a call when you have some time.
- I’m sorry I didn’t call you last night. I fell asleep early. That’s okay. I wasn’t here anyway.