I've been an educator for nearly 20 years, first as a high school history and language teacher, and now more than ten years as a private tutor and study coach. I have spent thousands of hours, one-on-one, with students in middle school, high school, and college, and I have zeroed in on some simple and concrete strategies for helping them manage their independent studies.
As schools begin...
Depending on which options you choose, my homework support program can include weekly private sessions, daily check-ins, and grade monitoring. Weekly private sessions can be 1 or 2 hours and as many days per week as desired. If you're interested in more details, please contact me. I would be happy to provide you with complete information.
This is ACT/SAT season, and I still have limited availability. If you have multiple students, I also offer group rates.
I am also offering a new homework support program unlike traditional homework support programs. Check out the Homework Support Program post for more information.
1. Colors help the brain absorb information better. It also makes any subject at hand more interesting and appealing to the eye.
2. Note taking should never be a duty, I like to incorporate fun ways to write out notes that'll help with memory.
3. Music to set a relaxing but stimulating mood for the student.
4. Every 15 minutes, students need a quick break from focus to keep their attitude...
When it comes to tutoring sessions I think that it is so important for students to be engaged with the lesson. Through my experience in teaching middle school I know that the more excited your kids are about learning the better it is!
Here's what I do:
1. Develop a report with the students- creating that bond is important for students to trust...
Now that class is underway, you need a planner/calendar. Carry it w/you to and from school and USE IT. This will help keep you organized and will prevent forgetting about important due dates.