You have one hour with a college prep specialist who can help make your admissions/scholarship essays award winning. How can you maximize your time? Here are five tips to get the most out of your time:
- Come Prepared. - Bring the essay prompts from each of your colleges. Bring a sample personal statement and resume. Be sure to have any information necessary to complete an admissions essay, to include your GPA, test scores, and any major accomplishments.
- Know Thyself - Always know your stats. During this time, knowing your GPA and SAT score is as important as knowing your name and birthdate. Also, know (and have a list of) your interests, hobbies, favorite subjects, etc. Have an idea of at least 3 possible majors and careers you would like to explore.
- Be on Time - There is a lot to cover! The better prepared and earlier you are, the more likely we are to get a lot done. Also, I tend to take my time and give a little extra when the student is invested in the process.
- Be Focused - College prep time is not time to socialize, text or be otherwise distracted.
- Keep Your Eye On The Prize - My goal is to help you to win scholarship money and get accepted into the colleges you want to attend.