In my teaching, I have seen that lessons can be fun when:
1) An application is applied to the learning.
-ex. when I can see that material that I am learning now has application to what I will be doing in my life this week, month, year, life.
2) When the concept makes the problem solving easy.
-ex. When I can understand what is causing the frustration or making it hard, and taking that obstacle away by knowing how to work the problem in effective manner.
- laughing is a great why to take the edge off of homework. Make it fun by poking fun into it. Laugh about it.
4) Making the most out of the homework to see how you can breathe some life into something that is dull and lifeless.
-ex. some homework assignments have the ability (especially writing) to make it more than just learning how to write sentences; you can explore other areas of your life with it or put to use your fun imagination!
5) Tutoring does doesn't need to be taught in a condescending manner
-ex. The tutor is not there to show how much he knows, but rather how much he can help and assistant you. In this way, he looks like a servant, rather than a superior.