Many students and new business owners dislike Accounting because they think it is boring and they don't understand the "language of Accountants". Here are my five ways to help you get through Accounting:
- Compare it to a company that you can relate to - Inventory costing at Nike
- Explain stock options and grants through the eyes of executives at Apple and you as a potential stockholder
- Use Fixed Cost vs. Variable Cost examples at Chipotle
- Demonstrate why accounting is important for failing businesses
- Show real examples on accounting software like Quickbooks not just Microsoft Excel.
Accounting can be fun!