Okay, it is almost the 4th of July and you and the kids are already bored! It has been rainy, or too hot, or too buggy....you know all the excuses. So here are 5 things I suggest to get over the summer slump:
1. Take a walk with your camera - take pictures of anything interesting - not a real, true photo, but get close up and take a picture of a leaf, a bug, an blade of grass and upload them to see if others can figure out what they are.
2. Download a Night Sky app on your phone and sit out and look at the night sky - hold the phone up to the sky and see if you can see the star formations.
3. Open up a dictionary and have everyone in the family find one word they think no one knows - and then have everyone try and guess the meaning. Pass the book to the next person.
4. Find a book that was made into a movie. Read the book with a friend and then see the movie with the same friend. Write down the things that stayed the same and the things that were different - and talk about why one was better than another.
5. Go get a Chinese Jump Rope and see if you can teach your self and your friends how to play - then play "Cat's Cradle" with the same rope - it will test you ability to be athletic and follow directions! Or go to the library and get a book on Orgami - it will test your skills and ability to follow directions!