Advantages and disadvantages of using a blog as your personal web page.
The easiest way to start a web page is by signing up for a blog. You can even assign a domain name or your own URL name to your blog.
1. They made everything easy for you.
2. You are already following most web standards in the web by using a popular form of blogging.
3. Sindycation of way to become popular by distributing your content is pretty easy with a blog.
4. SEO is also easier when you use a blog, especially if that blog allowes you to write script like the blokspot.net.
5. It's an easy way to give fresh content to your users.
6. It keeps track of the time when your articles were published.
7. You can host multipel independent sites from blog CMS like Wordpress.
1. The navigation is usaully based on dates or categories
3. Even when you can create other pages, they may not be fully customisable.
4. Most blogs don't allow the user to edit the code, or adding new scripts.
5. Blogs may not be seen the same as webpages by search engines.
6. You may not be able to use SSL encription, email
Actually most of these dissavantages may apply to free blogs and not to self hosted blogs.
Self hosted blogs could offer all the advantages of a full flesh website by installing modules.