Directions: Read each quote. Decide wheather it is an we ample of hyperboyle, simile, metaphor, or personification. Then underline (or write it to me) the words that indicated to you the tutor of figurative language used.
1. "That snake in the grass has got his phone off the hook."
2. "With Byron walking around me like that we must have looked like we were in the Wild West and I was a wagon train and Byron was the Indians circling, waiting to attack."
3. "The door jumped out of her way..."
4. "Larry Dunn was the king of the kindergarten to fourth grade of Clark Elementary... But Byron was a god."
5. "Momma's voice got strange, hissing like a snake..."
6. "Momma said that last part like she was dropping a bomb on Grandma Sands."
7. "I knew this was a worm with a hook on it, but I but anyway."
8. "I've got about a million [dinosaurs], but before LJ started coming over I had two million."
9. "If there was a forest fire somewhere all Smokey the Bear would have to do is hold me upside down over it and the fire wouldn't have a chance."
10. "All the were looking at me like I was a six-legged dog."
11. "...when his fingers found out it was them that were going to get burned, they let go of Byron's throat and joined the rest of his body in deciding to wait at Bubhead'd until Dad or home."
12. "Then he dropped the bomb on me."