Search
Ask a question
0

15% discount is given on a pen that has a marked price of $8. How much must be paid for the pen?

I need the answer for this question quick!

2 Answers by Expert Tutors

Tutors, sign in to answer this question.
David W. | I'll help you understand math!I'll help you understand math!
4.9 4.9 (62 lesson ratings) (62)
0
Or, since taking 15% off leaves us with 85%...
 
$8(.85) = $6.80
Carol H. | Experienced Mathematics Tutor w/ Master's Degree in MathExperienced Mathematics Tutor w/ Master'...
4.9 4.9 (264 lesson ratings) (264)
0
8 (.15) = $1.20
8 - 1.20 = $6.80