Send Yuan a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Yuan or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
Northeast Normal University ,China (Literature and Art)
Northeast Normal University, China (Master's)
As a native Chinese-speaking teacher with a Bachelor Degree in Chinese Language and Literature and a Master Degree in World Literary Theory, I have nearly ten years worth of experience teaching the Chinese language arts. Most of that time was spent in a famous coeducational high school in Beijing. My excellent teaching skills, remarkable achievements and attractive personality have been well appreciated by students, parents and colleagues.
After being selected by both the Department of Chinese Education and Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs for this highly competitive position, I was designated to work in the Sunshine School affiliated to the Embassy of China in the US located in Washington, DC during the 2009 – 2010 school year. As the Education Director and professional Mandarin teacher in the school, I was involved in diverse tasks including constructing the curriculum, training other teachers and teaching language. My outstanding performance and constructive contribution to the Sunshine school won many compliments and high evaluations from two Ambassadors.
Now due to relocation, I've just moved to and settled down in the USA. And I would like to take this opportunity to carry on my responsibility, passion, high quality teaching technique for you by making a satisfying contribution in your comprehensive achievement related to the study of Chinese language (Mandarin). As a native Chinese-speaking teacher with a Bachelor Degree in Chinese Language and Literature and a Master Degree in World Literary Theory, I have nearly ten years
I was very impressed with Yuan's preparation, lesson plan and teaching style. She makes the learning process fun and interesting by using idioms to illustrate the meanings of words. As a writer, I thought this was a very clever way to learn a new language. Yuan is an experienced teacher who has clearly mastered the craft of being able to teach her students/clients Chinese. I highly recommend Yuan for anyone who is serious about learning Chinese.
Within minutes I could tell Yuan was a fantastic teacher!
She was extremely punctual to our first tutoring session, arriving in advance, with study materials and a lesson plan ready in hand. A friendly voice and smile always on her face, there was no reason for me to be shy in my speaking ability. She paid close attention to the topics I spoke about and made sure to gear my subsequent lessons to my personal needs.
Yuan takes pride in her teaching. Her true passion is to develop long time students she can help blossom into beautiful linguists. This is easy to see by her customized lesson plans made just for me. From the topic of our lessons down to the personalized name and date on all materials, I could tell she truly cares for her students.
I have studied Chinese at Universities in America and Beijing. I have tried many teaching styles. I really enjoy Yuan's style of creating our own study materials through Chinese/American News articles, focusing on current events, selecting key vocabulary, breaking down sentence structures, comparing translations, and using topics that interest me. Highly recommended.
I had an excellent experience with Yuan. I would highly recommend her. She was patient, intelligent, and knew how to design lessons to my needs. She also knew how much to push me so I could make regular progress in my grammar and vocabulary.
Yuan is great to work with! She has been very responsive by email. She's friendly, has been very patient and adaptable to my needs. Lessons are not pressured, and proceed at a very comfortable pace. In just two lessons, I've already learned a lot and know my written and spoken Chinese has improved. It's been great.
Yuan Z is an excellent tutor. She is very patient and her style informally shares the Chinese culture whereby more and more words hop across their linguistic boundaries. Obviously she has a knack for choosing expressions universally understood. She gives a very enthusiastic lesson. My girls love learning from Yuan. They are 7 and 9 years old. They have made great progress in only the 3rd lesson. I would highly recommend Yuan.
I was looking for a tutor to help me maintain my Mandarin. I already have a strong grasp of basic Mandarin but I needed someone to talk to and help me practice speaking more fluently. Additionally, I needed assistance in my reading and writing at a more challenging level.
Yuan was very patient with me and took her time as I struggled through reading Chinese news articles. One article would take me half an hour to read! However, Yuan never yelled at me nor did she show any impatience. Additionally, her mandarin is very precise and easy to understand. I would recommend Yuan if you are looking to maintain or improve your Chinese.
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
1. As a native Chinese-speaking teacher with a Bachelor's degree in Chinese Language and Literature and a Master's degree in World Literary Theory, I have nearly ten years worth of experience teaching the Chinese language arts.
2. My excellent teaching skills, remarkable achievements and attractive personality have been well appreciated by students, parents and colleagues.
3. After being selected by both the Department of Chinese Education and Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs for this highly competitive position, I was designated to work in the Sunshine School affiliated to the Embassy of China in the US (located in Washington, DC) during the 2009 – 2010 school year. My outstanding performance and constructive contribution to the Sunshine school won many compliments and high evaluations from two Ambassadors (Zhou Wenzhong / Zhang Yesui).
4. I would like to take this opportunity to carry on my responsibility, passion, high quality teaching technique and educational managing experiences to make a satisfying contribution in whoever is interested in learning Chinese and related culture.
5. I have the following certificates related to my subject ability:
1) Certificate of Training Program on Teaching Techniques for Overseas Chinese Language Teachers, held by the Chinese Minister of Education in Nan Kai University, China (2009).
2) Beijing Secondary School Senior Teaching License (November 2011).
3) China Secondary School Teaching License in Mandarin (November 2003).
4) A Level Standard Mandarin Lever Test Certificate (March 2002).
Yuan Z. has not yet had a background check. After sending a message to Yuan, you will be able to order a background check for $7.99. The check will be processed by First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.