Send Nicholas a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Nicholas or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
Boston College (Master's)
Hi! My name is Nick and I am a French tutor in Alexandria, VA. I recently moved back to the DC area after spending two years at a school in San Diego where I tutored students, from high school to college, and enjoyed helping students with their French! I speak French natively and spent my childhood summers in France each year. I minored in French at Boston College and earned an MA from Boston College as well.
I am passionate about the French language and the French culture, enthusiastic, personable, knowledgeable, and responsible. I love helping someone discover how much they know and how much they can do! I really enjoy getting the opportunity to help students who believe they struggle with French improve their knowledge and become confident in their abilities.
- I am happy to provide both one-time and ongoing tutoring sessions with students based on needs and goals. A one-time session in test prep could be completed in a single session, though multiple enrichment sessions would allow for practice, follow up, and feedback. With any student seeking longer-term tutoring, I will happily spend time developing a tutoring plan with the student and parent that includes assessment, progress monitoring, and individualized goals so that you feel confident that you or your student will make measurable progress! I am happy to spend time on grammar and vocabulary and on speaking/accent.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME:
- I am knowledgeable, patient, hard-working, professional, and courteous. I spend a lot of time tailoring sessions to each student and thus expect hard work in return. I do not want to waste anyone's time or money, but expect the same in return.
- I am someone who cares deeply about all of my students. In the classroom and school environment I have built extremely strong relationships with my students and hope to do so with my tutoring students as well. I will do everything I can to help ensure your child's success.
- Your student's knowledge and skills will improve noticeably, if they are committed to listening and learning from me.
- I will do my best to ensure that your child progresses. If you are happy with the results, hopefully you will refer me to others.
- Tutoring is not a quick fix. Grades will not improve from "F" to "A" overnight. It takes time and practice to make significant improvement.
- I will not continue to hold a slot for you regularly, when you cancel repeatedly.
- I welcome in house tutoring, provided someone 18 or older will be home for in home tutoring.
WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Please be on time for scheduled sessions.
- WHEN CANCELING ... Please notify me via EMAIL AND PHONE.
- Please expect to be billed for ALL cancellations occurring within 12 hours of scheduled start time of the session.
- Please do not request that a slot be held for you, unless you definitely plan to use it. Everyone's time is precious.
- Please be fair, honest, and respectful.
- Please provide suggestions on how I can serve you better and be open with feedback.
- Please note that if you develop a pattern of repeated cancellations of your appointments, you do this at the risk of losing your reserved slot. I reserve the right to take back slots from those clients who cancel repeatedly.
- Please don't get angry because you were billed for cancelling within the penalty window.
- Please have payment info on file before requesting to meet. WyzAnt requires this, without exception.
- Please support your child to practice the skills we work on outside of tutoring sessions as well, as this is the best way to reinforce what we learn! Hi! My name is Nick and I am a French tutor in Alexandria, VA. I recently moved back to the DC area after spending two years at a school in San Diego where I tutored students, from high school to college, and enjoyed helping students with their French! I speak French natively and spent my
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
Nicholas L. passed a background check on 2/3/13. The check was ordered by another user through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Nicholas, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.