University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (Organismal Biology)
Texas A&M University-Kingsville (Master's)
While working on my degrees I taught labs and a few classes for 5 of the 7 years I was in school. I helped restructure the curricula basis at both of the university that I attended, and have taken/taught almost every biology course that you can think of. I spent an extra year on my undergraduate to become a more well rounded biologist, my course of study was plants/animals and in my last year I focused on the more microscopic/medically related aspects of biology. For my masters degree I chose Texas A&M University-Kingsville because the research that they were doing combined herpetology with medicine and that aligned with my passions in biology. I have taken several courses where the professors also let me teach and prep for my own class.
A little about my family. I am married with 3 children, their ages range from 2 to 14. My wife also posses a B.S., M.S., and also started her PhD. in Marine Biology. So if I cant help you with something my wife will happily chime in and assert herself as the smarter one in the family (haha). I enjoy teaching to people who really care about the subjects they are in, especially when it is biology related.
Classes that I have taken:
· BIOL 1410 Zoology w/Lab
· BIOL 1420 Botany w/Lab
· BIOL 2440 Human Anatomy and Physiology I w/Lab
· BIOL 2460 Plant Taxonomy w/Lab
· BIOL 2480 Microbiology w/Lab
· BIOL 3310 Genetics
· BIOL 3440 Ornithology w/Lab
· BIOL 3191 Field Methods in Biology
· BIOL 4191 Biology Seminar
· BIOL 4400 Vertebrate Zoology w/Lab
· BIOL 4450 Natural History Expedition
· BIOL 4410 Cell Biology w/Lab
· BIOL 4440 Herpetology w/Lab
· BIOL 2441 Human Anatomy and Physiology II w/Lab
· BIOL 4415 Developmental Biology w/Lab
· BIOL 5302 Toxicology
· BIOL 5402 Cellular Physiology w/Lab
· BIOL 5302 Molecular Genetics
· BIOL 5104 Seminar
· BIOL 5320 Research Problems
· BIOL 5302 Cellular Molecular Neuroscience
· BIOL 5402 Vertebrate Embryology
· BIOL 5402 Advanced Biology of Forensic Science
Intro Biology II
Human Anatomy and Physiology I
If you have and questions at all just contact me, I am sure that I can help in almost every form of Biology While working on my degrees I taught labs and a few classes for 5 of the 7 years I was in school. I helped restructure the curricula basis at both of the university that I attended, and have taken/taught almost every biology course that you can think of. I spent an extra year on my undergraduate to become a more well rounded biologist, my course
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
I taught zoology for 3 semesters during my undergrad, I started teaching zoology as a junior. I helped re-structure the zoology lab curricula to help reinforce what the students were leaving in lecture. I then taught intro bio 1 as a grad student, 4 classes a week.