Send Christine a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed Christine or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
Eastern Connecticut State Unversity (Elementary Education)
University of Houston (Master's)
Dedicated teacher who makes a positive impact on students’ lives by creating an atmosphere conducive to learning. Caters to diverse modalities of learning to promote and enhance individual student strengths, instilling the love of knowledge and the desire to meet and exceed expectations. Proven record of achieving teaching objectives and goals by building positive reinforcements, open communications, and collaborative problem solving to establish outstanding rapport with students.
Dedicated teacher who makes a positive impact on students’ lives by creating an atmosphere conducive to learning. Caters to diverse modalities of learning to promote and enhance individual student strengths, instilling the love of knowledge and the desire to meet and exceed expectations. Proven record of achieving teaching objectives and goals by
If high volume per week, rates can be discussed on case-by-case basis.
Christine has been working with my daughter for almost a year now several times a week. I am homeschooling my 8 year old third grader and needed some support in the math department. My daughter absolutely adores Christine, and she always looks forward to her sessions. She has also made great progress in her math skills. Christine has been very patient and flexible and easy to understand. She gives take home practice sheets, which helps my daughter stay consistent and makes my daughters math class a priority. I couldn't do it without her!
She is excellent with my son. He adores her and get so much knowledge and skill. We will def use again and again.
My son loves working with Ms. Christine. He felt comfortable with her immediately and is looking forward to meeting with her again.
Christine is such a lovely person! My daughter connected with her immediately, and I knew it was a great match for us! Christine tutored my daughter for two months on reading and helped increase her reading by 4 levels! She was very patient and understanding with my daughter. If you are looking for a great tutor, Christine is the perfect choice!
My 9-year-old daughter, who hates math, actually enjoyed it today at her first session with Christine. She is eager to work with her again and said that Christine clarified some things for her. We are hopeful that this will improve her confidence and grades in math.
4/3/14 Update: My daughter has been working with Christine for 5 months now. Her math grade has gone from a C to an A. My daughter's confidence has improved tremendously and we are grateful for Christine's help.
Christine is a great tutor and just what our 10 year old Granddaughter needed. She kept her instruction on the light side, but got her point across. She made learning fun. Our Granddaughter looked forward to her visits. She even waited outside for her on the days she was scheduled.
If our Granddaughter needs more help in the future, we would love to have Christine as a tutor again.
Christine is a very good tutor. She takes her time with my daughter and makes sure she understands before she moves on. I am already seeing progress and improvements in my daughters grades.
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
Algebra I is one of the most critical courses that students take in high school. It's the foundation to Algebra 2 and all the other higher level Mathematic classes/courses for high school and college. Algebra teaches students how to solve real-world problems using algebraic concepts and make them think abstractly to solve a problem.
Students who do well in Algebra are better prepared for college entrance exams and for college in general. Because Algebra involves a new way of thinking, many students find it especially challenging, because it's so different from their other math classes. Many parents also find it to be the area where they have the most trouble helping their high-school-age children.
Algebra I fundamentals is taught so the student gains a greater understanding og the mathematics concepts while applying the knowledge gained of first-year algebra student in an easily accessible way. Anyone wanting to learn Algebra 1 from the beginning or needing a thorough review will find me an ideal tutor.
Manager of Career Services for community college for over 5 years for college-aged young adults, as well as community at large by assisting adults in professional careers to prepare and coached through job readiness and job attainment; have interview coached and provided resume services for over 5 years.
I have Texas certifications in the following 2 areas: Classroom Teacher as Generalist in Grades EC-4 and Classroom Teacher as Generalist in Grades 4-8.
The objectives are simply stated to reactivate their love of math, to rebuild their self-confidence, and to improve their grades moving forward. My hope is to develop the best math student to their abilities for their forthcoming educational journey.
To gain and hone success for each student, the following strategies may be utilized:
(1) An individualized math approach for students so we work at the student’s level.
(2) To better get new ideas across, a change of speech patterns and different tactics to explain the math theories to help increase student’s comprehension faster.
(3) Re-looping of previously learned material to build onto student’s base knowledge. Also, student may receive supplemental skill builder worksheets to help with retention and mastery of skills. The use of visual materials and other interactive support tools may be incorporated to help speed retention.
(4) An natural approach that helps generate data from real life experiences including family, neighborhood, and community, in teaching the concepts and showing students the useful life and educational skills to be gained.
(5) Explicit vocabulary building to help students build basic subject-specific vocabulary, increase solving word problems, and also gauge student overall retention of subject-specific topics..
1. Possess solid familiarity with Excel at an intermediate-level of understanding of functionality and excellent knowledge on how to apply them to most job tasks in a work environment;
2. Use of a three-step training process, Tell-Show-Do teaching methodology, that includes demonstrate the concept, then have students perform the procedure themselves and lastly give additional practice time to assure complete understanding;
3. Incorporate personal experiences for adult learners whereby illustrating a feature and how base lesson examples work in real-life issues; For example, the powerful feature of the @SUM function verses totaling all the cells.
4. Empower adult learners to find answers on their own questions through training handouts, illustrate usage of Excel's Help database, and give additional online resources;
5. Engage adult learners to ask questions in an interactive learning environment and provide a handy FAQs handout.
Achieved Toastmaster's Certified Toastmaster (CTM) certification and have experience in public speaking through presentations and instruction venues for professional soft skills, customer service and specific computer and job-readiness topics. Also, a certified Franklin Covey instructor for two FranklinCovey professional development workshops, a one-day workshop "Focus: Achieving Your Highest Priorities" and a three-day workshop "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Signature Series".
A love to teach sewing skills that include the basics, picking out fabric and using pattern to beginning and intermediate students.
With 10 years of tutoring as well as my own experience in college attaining my Bachelors and Masters, I have learned many successful study skills that are applicable to all my classes. In addition, I received recertification for Texas Teacher Certification in Texas in two areas, Franklin Covey certification for trainers, and Toastmaster ATM certification for Public Speaking.
Right now, I am approaching 500 hours of training with WyzAnt with many additional hours of training/coaching/tutoring experience throughout the last 20 years. My experiences have taught me study skills for all types of subjects matter that apply to each person learning learning style and needs.
The student will learn how to get the most out of their writing, reading, time management and organizational skills.
I can help the student develop an individualized approach to their studies that reduces procrastination levels while establishing study routines that fit your working style and personal preferences.