If you select this option, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
University of Pennsylvania (Econ, Intl Studies)
I've just returned to Houston after 4 years at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, and 5 years teaching English in Seoul, South Korea. I worked in the Gangnam district in one of Korea's most prestigious and famous "cram schools," helping basic and intermediate English-speakers improve their general fluency, and helping near-native students perfect their TOEFL scores, writing style, and public speaking skills. I also worked with my students on essays for writing contests and college application essays, and I'm proud to say that several of them are now studying in the US, Australia, and at top international programs around the world.
My most recent experience is in English. But I also speak French at an advanced level, studied at one of the world's best business programs, and graduated high school in Houston with a 4.58 GPA and 231 on my PSAT (the rough equivalent of a 2310 on today's SAT), without any outside preparation or tutoring.
I'm bright, a good communicator, and I have had a lot of great experiences to share with my students. In addition, I have a pretty intense competitive streak when it comes to academics that I picked up in Korea, and that parents who want to see their kids make progress quickly seem to love. Hello,
I've just returned to Houston after 4 years at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, and 5 years teaching English in Seoul, South Korea. I worked in the Gangnam district in one of Korea's most prestigious and famous "cram schools," helping basic and
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
Chungdahm Learning, Inc, Seoul, South Korea (2008-2013)
- Instructor (2008-2013)
- Focused on reading/listening comprehension, written/oral summarization, and building vocabulary. -- Prepped students for standardized testing (TOEFL).
- Introduced literary analysis and composition of academic and creative essays.
- Program Marketing, Program Part (Mar-May 2012)
- Participated in development of new curricula and revision of old curricula.
- Led training workshops; organized debate contest (14 locations, 70+ students).
- Faculty Manager (Sep 2010 - Feb 2011)
- Trained, supervised and assisted in scheduling 16 instructors to maximize performance.
- Provided logistical support to instructors in managing life in a foreign country.
- Liaised between HQ, staff and instructors to execute new programs and policies.
John B. has not yet had a background check. After sending a message to John, you will be able to order a background check for $7.99. The check will be processed by First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.