LEHMAN COLLEGE AND CITY COLLEGE NYC (Physics and Mathemat)
Belfer Graduate School of Science (Other)
I am a retired Mathematics teacher (Department of Education of the City of New York) with a License to teach Mathematics (Grades 7-12) as well as Permanent State Certification (Grades 7-12).
I have been continuously teaching and tutoring since leaving the Department of Education. I am familiar with current course material and state exam requirements.
Over the past two years, I have been exclusively tutoring a diverse eleventh- and twelfth-grade student body at a high school, primarily for credit recapture and State Exam Preparation.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION
• License to serve as Teacher of Mathematics, High School, Board of Education City of New York
• New York State Permanent Certification in Mathematics Grades 7-12
POST RETIREMENT (from NYC Department of Education in July 2003)
• Presently HS tutoring program since the summer of 2013, I tutored science and math at a high school, as well as taught a regents summer Geometry course, and taught in Summer School the subjects of Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2/Trigonometry.
• During the spring term of 2013, I filled a mathematics vacancy at Law and Advocacy (Martin Luther King Campus) in special education, teaching regents Geometry and Integrated Algebra.
• Was a mentor for mathematics teachers for Region 2; Philip Panaritis was the Director of the program.
• Did per session and per diem for the NYC Board of Education. This includes summer school as a mathematics teacher and gym/health education teacher.
• Worked for the Office of School Enrollment Program Organization (OSEPO) during High School enrollment period.
• Tutored High School and College level Mathematics and Physics.
J. I am a retired Mathematics teacher (Department of Education of the City of New York) with a License to teach Mathematics (Grades 7-12) as well as Permanent State Certification (Grades 7-12).
I have been continuously teaching and tutoring since leaving the Department of Education. I am familiar with current course material and state exam
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
I have taught Pre-Algebra courses many times during my teaching career.
Over the past two years I have been exclusively tutoring a diverse eleventh and twelfth grade student body at Grace Dodge High School; primarily for credit recapture, State Exam Preparation and for college placement examinations.
I have a license to serve as Teacher of Mathematics, High School, Board of Education City of New York and New York State Permanent Certification in Mathematics Grades 7 - 12.
I taught a full spectrum of high school Regents mathematics courses from the earlier focused algebra – geometry – trigonometry – advanced algebra and the later Integrated Math courses, Sequential and Math A & Math A/B curricula. I have taught Pre-Algebra, Regents Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Pre-Calculus and AP Calculus. Both when working for the NYC Board of Education and in post retirement, more than 40 years experience.