Send John a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed John or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, Wyzant will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
LEHMAN COLLEGE AND CITY COLLEGE NYC (Physics and Mathemat)
Belfer Graduate School of Science (Other)
I am a retired Mathematics teacher (Department of Education of the City of New York) with a License to teach Mathematics (Grades 7-12) as well as Permanent State Certification (Grades 7-12).
I have been continuously teaching and tutoring since leaving the Department of Education. I am familiar with current course material and state exam requirements.
Over the past two years, I have been exclusively tutoring a diverse eleventh- and twelfth-grade student body at a high school, primarily for credit recapture and State Exam Preparation.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION
• License to serve as Teacher of Mathematics, High School, Board of Education City of New York
• New York State Permanent Certification in Mathematics Grades 7-12
POST RETIREMENT (from NYC Department of Education in July 2003)
• Presently HS tutoring program since the summer of 2013, I tutored science and math at a high school, as well as taught a regents summer Geometry course, and taught in Summer School the subjects of Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2/Trigonometry.
• During the spring term of 2013, I filled a mathematics vacancy at Law and Advocacy (Martin Luther King Campus) in special education, teaching regents Geometry and Integrated Algebra.
• Was a mentor for mathematics teachers for Region 2; Philip Panaritis was the Director of the program.
• Did per session and per diem for the NYC Board of Education. This includes summer school as a mathematics teacher and gym/health education teacher.
• Worked for the Office of School Enrollment Program Organization (OSEPO) during High School enrollment period.
• Tutored High School and College level Mathematics and Physics.
J. I am a retired Mathematics teacher (Department of Education of the City of New York) with a License to teach Mathematics (Grades 7-12) as well as Permanent State Certification (Grades 7-12).
I have been continuously teaching and tutoring since leaving the Department of
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
I have taught Pre-Algebra courses many times during my teaching career.
Over the past two years I have been exclusively tutoring a diverse eleventh and twelfth grade student body at Grace Dodge High School; primarily for credit recapture, State Exam Preparation and for college placement examinations.
I have a license to serve as Teacher of Mathematics, High School, Board of Education City of New York and New York State Permanent Certification in Mathematics Grades 7 - 12.
I taught a full spectrum of high school Regents mathematics courses from the earlier focused algebra – geometry – trigonometry – advanced algebra and the later Integrated Math courses, Sequential and Math A & Math A/B curricula. I have taught Pre-Algebra, Regents Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Pre-Calculus and AP Calculus. Both when working for the NYC Board of Education and in post retirement, more than 40 years experience.