Patient Data Science, Math, and Business Teacher and Tutor
Patient Data Science, Math, and Business Teacher and Tutor
Jeannine, 42 lessons with David
Response time: 9 hours
My name is David, and I am a licensed teacher in New York City with over 11 years of experience, specializing in math, business, and data science. I help my students to pass tests, to understand material according to their learning style, and to learn how to take tests well. I offer you all the tools you need to excel in your vocation, and you'll also learn study skills you can use in other settings. Whether you are seeking a bootcamp to ramp up your expertise, or to facilitate a...
My name is David, and I am a licensed teacher in New York City with over 11 years of experience, specializing in math, business, and data science. I help my students to pass tests, to understand material according to their learning style, and to learn how to take tests well. I offer you all the tools you need to excel in your vocation, and you'll also learn study skills you can use in other settings. Whether you are seeking a bootcamp to ramp up your expertise, or to facilitate a re-skilling to a promotion or new industry, I offer you the instruction, feedback, and curriculum to excel in your industry.
Why you could choose me as your tutor:
- Lead Data Science Instructor at General Assembly, and I teach data and SQL bootcamps
- Data Science Mentor and Data Analytics Mentor at Springboard
- Data Science projects at DataKind
- Host hackathons and meet-ups through AngelHack
- Lead 2-day computer science boot-camps to post-doc students, including at Harvard and NASA
- Fortune 500 experience in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Computer Science, and Data Analysis
- Proven track record: Students have raised grades from D+ to A-, F to B+, C+ to A in one semester (yes, it is possible)
- Get students rapidly employed into their industry, as well as significant warm introductions
What courses do I support:
* Executive Track: MBA Programs, Pre-MBA, Case Validation, PowerPoint Presentation Support, Dissertation Copy Review, Advanced Analysis
* Statistics/Computer Science: College Statistics, Biostatistics, Psychology Statistics, Political Statistics, STATA, JMP, SAS, SPSS, Python, R, Minitab, Probability, AP Statistics, Regression Analysis, SQL, Applied Statistics, Modeling
* Business: Microsoft Excel (Financial Modeling, Real Estate Modeling, Discount Cash Flow Analysis, Financial Statements, Investment Banking), Finance, Corporate Finance, Management, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Marketing, Real Estate, Advanced Accounting, Auditing, Case Studies, Case Analysis, Balanced Scorecards
* PhD: Dissertation Prep, Dissertation Defense, Statistics and Your Dissertation
* CollegeBound Testing: The 'New' SAT and GMAT; SAT Math, SAT Reading, SAT Subject Tests, ACT Math, ACT Reading, ACT Science, PSAT, GMAT, GRE, AP Exams, Regents Exams, College Essay & Application Support
* Exam Prep: CPA, Actuary Exams
* Career Development: Business and Career Advice, Life Coaching, Mentorship
* Math: Calculus (I, II, III), Differential Equations, AP Exams, IB Exams, Algebra I, Algebra II, Linear Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry
* Behavior: Body Language, Resume Support, Interview Tips, Etiquette, Test Taking Strategies
* Online Learning Platforms: Blackboard, MathXL, Canvas, MyFinance Lab, CourseWorks, MyEco Lab
When you hire me as your tutor, you'll receive:
- Personalized tutoring sessions
- Test preparation strategies for your learning style (including ADHD, IEP, or 504)
- Advanced support with tools and free resources after each session (Example: How to improve your focus, time management, and problem-solving strategies)
Where I Tutor:
Colleges: Harvard Medical School, Ivy Leagues, New York University, Columbia, UPenn, Cornell, Princeton University, Harvard, MIT, Yale, Penn State, Bard College, Polytechnic University, Queens College, City College of New York, CUNY, SUNY, LaGuardia, Fordham University, Keller Graduate School of Management, Parsons, New School, Pace University, and more schools...
Secondary Schools: Private Schools in the greater NYC area (Stuveysant, Dwight, Dalton, Xavier), Brooklyn, and New Jersey. Boarding Schools for students in Canada, California, England, Italy, Korea, and Singapore.
Previous Professional Clients Include:
Members of Royal Family, Investment Bankers, Professional Athletes, Actors, Musicians, Producers, Publishers, Real Estate Developers, Engineers, Doctors, Lawyers, Architects, Top Models, and Hedge Fund Managers, Family Offices, Funds of Funds, High Net Worth Individuals
Answers Questions That You Might Have:
Could I avoid retaking this class if you tutor me? Yes.
Could you help me improve my grade by 2, 3, or 4 grade levels? Yes.
Could you help me get extra testing time? Yes.
Could we partner on my class projects and take-home materials? Yes.
Have you tutored International students? Yes - From Asia, Europe, and South America.
Could you tutor me during the day or weekends? Yes.
When are you available to start tutoring? Immediately.
How do you tutor? In-person and online.
Why I Am Committed:
I want you to succeed at your class projects, quizzes, and exams.
I want you to earn your degree so that you can take your life and career to the next level.
I want you to achieve your dreams.
What Are My Scores:
99% GMAT Quantitative
99% SAT Quantitative
Vision: To empower students to be equipped with the necessary educational tools to succeed in their vocation of choice
Mission: To create world class leaders who excel at advanced education and who disrupt their industries through being masters at their craft
To lead with the best methodologies in the industry
To support students through their journey with vision and guidance to meet their educational needs
To provide counsel and expertise to offer roadmaps where students believe with the end in mind
To create an atmosphere for ambition, action, and accountability
If you are a yes to succeeding at your class, getting to the next letter grade, and completing your degree sooner, let's get started.
Send me a message now, and I will discuss your tutoring needs.
Thanks in advance!
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
By looking at David's profile, he seemed exactly the person my daughter and I were looking for- and he was!!! She breathed a sigh of relief after the first lesson and even asked me to book him the next day because he was so great! My daughter even confessed she understood the concepts that David was explaining better than her teacher's explanation in class. David is extremely professional, prompt and will do his best to accommodate his students. Highly recommended!!!Jeannine, 42 lessons with David
Knowlegeble and Good Communication
David was great in explaining the statistics evolved in medial studies I need to understand in simple terms - help we easily grasp the terms and function behind them. Will use him again soon.Daniel, 1 lesson with David
Prepared and Patient
I am an EMBA student who went from a D on my Accounting midterm to a B on my final after 2 sessions with David. I sent materials ahead of time, which he read and thought through, in order to maximize our time together. He has a great attitude and flexible schedule. I will continue using David!April , 2 lessons with David
David was excellent. He was teaching me Statistics 1. He was very patient, clear, and knowledgeable. I will definitely have him as my teacher through out my PHD program.Tonia, 2 lessons with David
I highly recommend him as a tutor
David assisted me with a course project that required both software use and analysis. He was very knowledgeable and focused on helping me. He is always patient and makes you feel at ease about your learning and achieving your goals.Sergio, 5 lessons with David
The perfect tutor
Statistics have been always a difficult subject, but with david it really easy he make sure that you understand. Do not look for any other tutorAhmed, 39 lessons with David
Best tutor I've had in a while.
David was patient in reviewing business statistics with me and I was able to understand the material 100% by the end of our first session. Very patient and understanding towards your needs, highly recommend.Viviana, 7 lessons with David
Very knowledgeable, clear communicator.
I feel 100% confident in my ability to grasp the concepts in my corporate finance class with David's help. He is efficient and clear.JR, 7 lessons with David
David is AWESOME!
I am writing this review to say that a 5 star rating does not do David justice! He is an amazing tutor! I would personally give him a 7 out of 5. He helps you out with your project like it was his own, and this level of work ethics and integrity is extremely rare nowadays. I am very pleased to have met David through WyzAnt.Lujain, 52 lessons with David
Knowledgable and fun!
I highly recommend David. I met with him the day I had a paper due for my financial management class. He was prepared and extremely professional. He is personable and able to explain confusing concepts in a way that I could easily understand. I will definitely call him again if I need more help with my finance homework!Lisa, 1 lesson with David
Response time: 9 hours