Search
Rachael G.'s Photo

Rachael G.

Law Student For Math and English Tutoring

Law Student For Math and English Tutoring

$35/hour

  • 88 hours tutoring

About Rachael


Bio

I'm currently a full-scholarship law student at UNLV and I did my undergrad (International Politics and Sociology, BSc) in London, UK. The subjects available for tutoring are elementary math, pre-algebra, algebra 1 and 2, geometry, American history, government and politics. I've tutored for a handful of years both paid and as a volunteer.

While in the UK, I worked with the UK government to tutor directly during and after school hours. I primarily developed lesson plans tailored to the...

I'm currently a full-scholarship law student at UNLV and I did my undergrad (International Politics and Sociology, BSc) in London, UK. The subjects available for tutoring are elementary math, pre-algebra, algebra 1 and 2, geometry, American history, government and politics. I've tutored for a handful of years both paid and as a volunteer.

While in the UK, I worked with the UK government to tutor directly during and after school hours. I primarily developed lesson plans tailored to the national standard they would be tested on that year. The majority (about 80%) of the kids I tutored were underperforming and below standards and by the end of the year, they passed. The other 20% were advanced and needed more stimulation from what they were getting in class or they were at the standard line and just needed more practice to feel more confident. I tutored in one-on-one settings and I tutored in small group settings. For the most part, I worked in tandem with the teacher and the lessons I developed tied in and supplemented the daily lessons the student was receiving in class. Sometimes the lesson was something I had to completely structure myself or I had a supplement book to help pick activities from to use in the session. Other times, I was working with the past tests or practice tests for students that were preparing for national standardized tests. I tutored for an hour in one session all the way up until several hours for a session. I tutored kids aged 8 up until 18. I tutored kids with special needs such as cerebral palsy and autism. I also tutored in high school as a volunteer, working with the elementary kids to work with them through homework.

I'm a visual learner and so my tutoring tends to work this in. I tend to like to have all the steps shown on whiteboards. I tend to like the student to try the problem and show me how they're thinking or I get them to walk me through how they're thinking by asking questions. I do this so that I can steer them to catch their own errors in a problem and they can lear


Education

City, University of London
Double Major
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
J.D.

Policies


Schedule

Loading...

Sun

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat


Subjects

Business

Law

Corporate Training

Law

Elementary Education

Elementary Math

English

ACT English

History

American History, Government & Politics, Political Science

Homeschool

Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Prealgebra, Precalculus

Math

ACT Math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Prealgebra, Precalculus, Trigonometry

Most Popular

Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Prealgebra, Precalculus

Other

Government & Politics, Law

Summer

Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry

Test Preparation

ACT English, ACT Math

Examples of Expertise


Rachael has provided examples of their subject expertise by answering 1 question submitted by students on Wyzant’s Ask an Expert.

Ratings and Reviews


Rating

5.0 (7 ratings)
5 star
(7)
4 star
(0)
3 star
(0)
2 star
(0)
1 star
(0)

Reviews

Show reviews that mention

All reviews

Great attitude and patient instructor

Rachael is a wonderful tutor. She helped my 11th grade daughter understand Algebra 2 in two lessons. Highly recommended and will use her service again for refresher before testing. Great tutor.

Pedro, 1 lesson with Rachael

Amazing tutor

I want to say I have had many tutors in the past and no one yet has done as good as Rachael I just want to I really recommend her to anyone struggling she has been an amazing help to me and I’m planning on to take more lesson in the future

Hovik, 50 lessons with Rachael
Contact Rachael

Response time: 48 minutes

$35/hour

Rachael G.'s Photo

Rachael G.

$35/hour

  • No subscriptions or upfront payments

  • Only pay for the time you need

  • Find the right fit, or your first hour is free

Contact Rachael

Response time: 48 minutes