Send Elizabeth a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed Elizabeth or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, Wyzant will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
Hello! My name is Elizabeth and I am an experienced educator with a broad range of interests and experience! I am certified to teach grades K-5 (certified in the state of KY) and I have 2 years of experience teaching in an international Christian school in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. I love working with people of all ages, races, nationalities, and backgrounds! No matter where we're from or what language we speak, don't we all love to succeed? That is my wish for you!
As a teacher, I believe that all students are able to learn and succeed. I love being challenged to address individual needs and learning styles so that all of my students can feel the joy of being successful in their unique learning experiences! The main goal is to cultivate a lifelong love for learning as my students discover their strengths and work to improve the areas that need growth.
While I can offer services in all of the fields listed on my profile, I have particular passion for the following subjects:
* Elementary subjects (K-5) (I will also focus on study skills)
* ESL/ESOL (all ages!)
* Bible instruction for children
* Basic computer skills for adults and seniors
* MS Word
* Power Point
If you believe I will be a good fit for you, you can expect a tutor whom God has blessed with a deep love for teaching, learning, and laughing! With joy, patience, encouragement, and care, I will cater to the unique needs of each student/family in the following ways:
* Working to sharpen skills and concepts that have already been learned
* Introducing new material to help students advance
* Cooperating with my student's school teachers to supplement skills and concepts being taught in class
* Providing incentives to encourage students along the way (such as prizes and verbal praise)
* Building curriculum that takes advantage of my student's preferred learning styles while also introducing strategies and study skills to help them adapt to techniques with which they may not be as comfortable
* Providing time and materials to work as a supplement for students who are home-schooled
* Adjusting hourly fees on a case-by-case basis, if needed. I am also willing to significantly lower the hourly fees for low-income families. Because I care about my students and their success, I do not want them to be negatively affected due to an inability to pay the fee listed on the profile. Money is not an issue. We can easily negotiate the fees.
* (ONLY AT THE REQUEST OF THE PARENT or ADULT STUDENT) Incorporating Christian material into the lessons/activities and fostering a Christian world-view through every subject taught
Thank you so much for your time and consideration! Please feel free to contact me if you believe that I could help you in any way! Hello! My name is Elizabeth and I am an experienced educator with a broad range of interests and experience! I am certified to teach grades K-5 (certified in the state of KY) and I have 2 years of experience teaching in an international Christian school in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. I love working with people of all ages, races, nationalities, and
Willing to negotiate: * low income family rates * group/family rates
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
I have KY State Elementary Education certification for all subject areas in grades K-5. I also have 2 years teaching experience in a private international Christian school that is accredited through SACS and ACSI. I taught first grade for 2 years. I also have experience teaching 4th and 5th grade Reading/Language Arts. I most enjoy teaching phonics and grammar.