Send Rachel a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed Rachel or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, Wyzant will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
Indiana University, Bloomington - Jacobs School of Music (Flute Performance)
I have been teaching flute (and piano) for 5 years now. and have been studying music for 11 years. I am currently a junior at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music in Bloomington, IN earning my Bachelor's of Music with world renowned flutist, Thomas Robertello (but am here in Boston for the summer studying at Berklee College of Music). I am also a jazz flutist, and specialize in contemporary music. I work great with children, having taught mostly elementary/middle school students - but am open to students of any age!
Flute, Piano, General Music (theory, ear-training).
Love to teach students of all ages, genders and levels! My rate is $50/hour and willing to travel for lessons at your personal home. Have a huge studio in Fenway for teaching and students always welcome to learn here! I have been teaching flute (and piano) for 5 years now. and have been studying music for 11 years. I am currently a junior at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music in
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
- Junior at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music (have been studying flute performance for 11 years now)
- Private flute instructor to elementary/middle school students, 2010 - present
- Principal flutist, Manhattan School of Music Precollege Philharmonic Orchestra
- Junior at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music (intensive theory, ear-training and general music skills courses)
- Attended Manhattan School of Music Precollege Music Training program, 2010-2013
- Experienced private instructor for piano (5 years now), includes lots of theory/basic music training
- 11 years of private piano instruction
- Private piano teacher for 5 years now
- Given many independent recitals, performances