DePaul University (MBA)
DePaul University (Other)
Hi, my name is Bill. I have been teaching Algebra classes at Elgin Community College, Waubonsee Community College and McHenry County College. My degree is in Secondary Math Education, and I have my certification in 6-12 with an endorsement in Middle School Mathematics. I enjoy helping students learn Algebra, and like to see them understand mathematical concepts. I believe all students can learn if they have enough practice, and if they know how to solve problems. I am patient and determined to help students understand Algebra.
My qualifications and experience will enable me to help all students learn mathematics based on strong communication skills and the goal that practice and hard work will help all students achieve a thorough understanding of mathematics. Hi, my name is Bill. I have been teaching Algebra classes at Elgin Community College, Waubonsee Community College and McHenry County College. My degree is in Secondary Math Education, and I have my certification in 6-12 with an endorsement in Middle School Mathematics. I enjoy helping students learn Algebra, and like to see them understand
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
This subject is designed to be an intorduction to Algebra. Although emphasis is placed on techniques and manipulations, problem-solving and logical reasoning are main threads throughout this subject matter. The subject content includes Operations and Properties of Real Numbers, Graphing and Solving linear equations and inequalities and their applications, Systems of linear equations, Factoring techniques and solving quadratic equations by factoring, Operations with Polynomials and Elementary Rational Expressions.
Subject Content Outcomes:
1) Use the terms, definitions, and notation of Basic Algebra
2) Identify and make use of real number properties and evaluate real number expressions
3) Sketch the Graph of a Linear Function and Identify the Slope and Intercepts
4) Perform operations with Polynomials
5) Solve Linear Equations
6) Solve Quadratic equations by Factoring
7) Solve Application Problems and recognize the reasonableness of Solutions
8) Apply Laws of Exponents and
9) Demonstrate Operations with Elementary Rational Expressions and Solve Elementary Rational Equations.
The subjects of Algebra 2 include problem-solving, factoring, rational expressions, graphing, rational exponents, radicals, logarithms and quadratic equations.
Subject Content Outcomes:
1) Solve quadratic, radical, polynomial, and rational equations.
2) Solve quadratic and rational inequalities.
3) Define the domain and range of any given function.
4) Evaluate functions and combinations of functions.
5) Perform polynomial, rational, radical, and complex number operations.
6) Factor a polynomial completely.
7) Simplify radicals and complex numbers.
8) Simplify exponential expressions using rational exponents.
9) Define basic vocabulary.
10) Convert between logarithmic and exponential form.
This subject includes a review of the basic operations of arithmetic and an introduction to algebra. The emphasis is on operations with fractions, decimals, percents, and signed numbers. It is intended for the student who needs a review of arithmetic and Prealgebra skills.